Glassdoor has announced the winners of its inaugural Candidates’ Choice Awards, recognising employers that provide job candidates with the best interview experience over the past year. Unlike any other awards program, these awards are unique because winners are determined solely based on feedback from recent job candidates as shared through their interview reviews on Glassdoor.
Specifically, these awards recognise the number one company from across 46 industries – winners received the highest positive interview experience from job candidates over the past year when compared to others in their industry. 10 company winners are featured below:
- Airlines: United Airlines (73% positive interview experience)
- Banks & Credit Unions: S. Bank (72% positive interview experience)
- Computer Hardware & Software: Intel Corporation (71% positive interview experience)
- Department, Clothing, & Shoe Stores: American Eagle Outfitters (78% positive interview experience)
- Enterprise Software & Network Solutions: Oracle (61% positive interview experience)
- Fast-Food & Quick-Service Restaurants: Starbucks (76% positive interview experience)
- Federal Agencies: US Postal Service (70% positive interview experience)
- Insurance Carriers: State Farm (68% positive interview experience)
- Internet: eBay (64% positive interview experience)
- Oil & Gas Services: Schlumberger (69% positive interview experience)
According to feedback shared by job candidates on Glassdoor, winning employers tend to provide transparent, efficient and organized interview processes, while communicating with candidates throughout. A sample of what job candidates have said at some of the winning companies include:
“Straight to the point & professional. Starts out with a presentation on the company & more details on the position itself. Then, a recruiter, who is a current flight attendant, will call you back for your 1:1 interview. The good thing about being interviewed by another flight attendant is that they know the kind of people they want to work with.” – United Flight Attendant Job Candidate (location n/a)
“Applied online with employee referral and received a reply within two weeks. From there the interview process was quick. I interviewed on two separate occasions with different managers, completed background and drug screening.” – American Express Customer Care Professional Job Candidate (Salt Lake City, UT)
“I had a phone interview that was really easy, then I had 3 1 on 1 interviews with 3 different managers. They were all really nice and it made the interview process pretty easy.” – Oracle Applications Sales Representative Job Candidate (location n/a)
“In today’s competitive recruiting market, the interview process has become an even more crucial gateway to introducing an organisation and its culture to potential talent. Employers who offer candidates a great experience have the recruiting advantage and for the first time, we’re proud to honor companies that are leading the way when it comes to the job candidate experience,”
said Mariah DeLeon, Glassdoor vice president of people.
To be considered for the Glassdoor Candidates’ Choice Awards, a company must have received at least 100 interview experience ratings from job candidates over the past year (August 28, 2014 – August 27, 2015). A company’s positive interview experience percentage must also meet or exceed that of the average company on Glassdoor (Glassdoor average interview experience rating: 54 percent).
Get The Recruiting Times FREE every Monday – SUBSCRIBE NOW
Recruiters love this COMPLETE set of Accredited Recruitment & HR Training – View Training Brochure