The top five XpertHR FAQs in May 2017 were:
- What does dismissal for “some other substantial reason” mean?
- What should the employer and employee discuss at an individual redundancy consultation meeting?
- What is the General Data Protection Regulation?
- What is the status of workers engaged on casual or zero hours contracts?
- For how long should an employer keep an employee or ex-employee’s personnel files?
Jo Stubbs, Head of Content at XpertHR Group, says “With less than a year to go before the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force, it’s no surprise that questions about the new legislation are foremost in the mind of HR professionals.
“While many are seeking basic guidance on just what the GDPR is, another popular question concerns the retention of personnel files.
“This ties in with what is likely to be one of HR’s main activities in the run-up to the introduction of the GDPR – reviewing HR policies to ensure that they comply with GDPR principles, including that data is stored securely and deleted when no longer required.
“With the issue of zero hours contracts rarely out of the news – and a Labour manifesto pledge to ban them – it’s also unsurprising that a question on the employment status of workers engaged on this type of contract has made the top five.”
Further information can be found at: http://www.xperthr.co.uk
Join Over 40,000 Recruiters. Get our latest articles weekly, all FREE – SEND ME ARTICLES
Recruiters love this COMPLETE set of Accredited Recruitment & HR Training – View Training Brochure