On Sunday 5th July, as proud supporters of Above & Beyond (registered charity 229945), we embarked on our biggest charity fund-raising event to date – The Kingston Barnes Charity Fun Fair & Music Festival. Having spent months planning and organising the event the day was a huge success raising a whopping £2,000 towards our of £10,000 target in order to refurbish the Sensory Room at the Bristol Royal Hospital for Children and provide arts and crafts equipment for children to play. This was all despite the downpour of rain when the heavens opened in the afternoon!
The event was complete with fairground rides, Disney princesses, bouncy castles, a rock climbing wall, live music from Bristol’s hottest talent, face painting, lots of stalls, a fully licensed bar and some impressive raffle prizes including a stay at a villa in the South of France won by Jade Farr!
We would like to take this opportunity to say a huge thank you to all who supported our event yesterday, both visitors and companies alike.
Special mentions go to…
- Jasmine’s Fairytale Events – who, dressed as Disney Princesses, kept the children entertained throughout the rain!
- Jo Jo’s Facepainting & Whoopie!! Party Face Painting (& Glitter Tattoo’s) for some fantastic face painting designs and embracing the weather!
- Brislington Fire & Rescue
- Power Electrics – Generator Hire for providing the means to power our bouncy castles
- Alide Services- Heras Fencing Hire for their generosity
- Old Redcliffians RFC for use of their venue
- Paris Penny Photographer for taking some fabulous snaps from the day
Thank you to the musicians who were amazing…
- Lee Stinchcombe ‘A tribute to Gary Barlow & Take That’ – I think you kept going through the worse of the weather and raised everyone’s spirits.
- Archie Smith – A wonderful performance of your original material.
- Pity The Foo – Thank you for opening our event in wonderful fashion.
- Resplendence – Thank you for bringing the event home with true style!
Further thanks go to Phoenix Corporate for providing the inflatable stage and Mitch at Panik Events for supplying the sound equipment and managing it on the day.
Finally thank you to all who supplied raffle prizes, it was very generous of you. We welcomed Hannah from Above & Beyond in the office today in order to present her with our cheque.
“Each year some 60,000 children from across Bristol and the South West receive treatment at Bristol’s children’s hospital. We’re incredibly grateful to Kingston Barnes and everyone who helped put on this huge event – and not least to everyone who came and supported despite the rain! The money raised at the Charity Fun Fair and & Music Festival really will make a huge difference to the lives of local children.” Hannah Mingo, Above & Beyond
We are now training and looking forward to our next event on Saturday 15th August. The team will be completing the Adrenaline Rush 2015; an urban assault course incorporating thrilling obstacles and daring challenges! If you would like to sponsor us please click on the link below…
The fund raising challenge goes on!