This week, Recruitment Certification has now launched providing a trusted and recognised certification for recruitment agencies and individuals.
The Recruitment Certification Scheme has been created with kind input from all 3 of the UK’s enforcement bodies responsible for state enforcement of employment rights:
- The Employment Agency Standards Inspectorate (EAS)
- Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs National Minimum and Living Wage enforcement team (HMRC NMW/NLW team)
- The Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority (GLAA)
The Recruiting Times surveyed 100 recruitment agencies and 87% told us they preferred Certification over just membership as Certification offered a definite competitive advantage.
Azmat Mohammed, Director at The British Institute of Recruiters stated:
“It’s no surprise that recruiters welcome the introduction of Recruitment Certification as it delivers the recognition they deserve and demonstrates to clients their understanding of effective and compliant recruitment.”
The British Institute of Recruiters BIOR is the Professional Body operating the Recruitment Certification Scheme which is designed to tackle 5 key areas:
- Ensure recruiters better understand state enforcement of employment rights
- To ensure a wider understanding of ethical and inclusive recruitment
- To provide employers with assurance that CERTIFIED recruiters have a positive impact on hiring and their employer brand
- To better prepare recruiters for any state inspection
- To raise the level of knowledge of what is deemed compliant recruitment