Jobseekers revealed their most cringe-worthy moments to Reed recruitment which include being interviewed by a former one night stand and throwing up in the middle of the interview..
TOP 20 AWKWARD MOMENTS IN A JOB INTERVIEW
It’s probably safe to assume that these interviews were pretty unsuccessful:
- I’d had a one night stand with my interviewer. Pretended not to recognise her.
- The interviewer’s name was Siobhan and I pronounced it the way it was spelt. Realised my mistake two minutes from the end.
- Arrived wearing a Celtic FC tie only to be shown into an office festooned with Glasgow Rangers memorabilia. Did not get the job.
- I went for an interview to work in a museum. They gave me an artefact to look at which I immediately picked up. Then I noticed the pair of cotton gloves on the table that I should have put on first.
- I threw up in the middle of the interview.
- Bumped into my current boss while at lunch with the interviewer.
- Tripped up the interviewer by treading on her flip-flop.
- Was unexpectedly interviewed in Welsh.
- The interviewer reached over the table and went to shake my hand. Nerves got the better of me and I inadvertently winked at him.
- I burst into tears during the interview because my dog had just died.
- I spilt coffee on my shirt and tie moments before walking in.
- The chair broke, I fell off it and started crying.
- I burped in the middle of an answer.
- The interviewer was an ex-girlfriend’s dad
- Passed out during a second interview and woke up in an ambulance.
- Went to the loo in the disabled toilet. Pulled the string thinking it was the flush rather than the alarm. Every employee arrived to help me. Worst day of my life.
- Walked into the interview and the person interviewing me was someone I had sacked in another position.
- I sneezed all over the interviewer. It was so embarrassing.
- The traffic was awful, I was very short of time and got ready in a rush. It was only during the interview that I looked down and realised I was wearing odd shoes.
- Interviewer had a heart attack and I had to give him CPR.
Join Over 40,000 Recruiters. Get our latest articles weekly, all FREE – SEND ME ARTICLES
Recruiters love this COMPLETE set of Accredited Recruitment & HR Training – View Training Brochure