Each individual will have their own perception of what success is, based upon their own thoughts, beliefs and ambitions and further to this, each individual with have their own role models who they view as successful.
So, with this in mind, how are we able to help our friends, family and peers who are looking to gain inspiration into becoming what they view as successful? Regardless as to the journey to success, there are numerous habits and mindsets that can be identified.
Let’s take a look at five of them;
1. Being willing to fail. There are plenty of people who believe that failure is the polar opposite to success, so why is this a positive thing? In failing, something has either gone wrong or didn’t go the way it was expected to go and being able to reflect on failures and analyse elements of them ultimately helps towards improving aspects of the journey to success. Which brings us nicely onto number two.
2. Looking at the bigger picture / being unafraid of incompletion. There are many steps on the journey to success, each one of them potentially bringing their own hardships and learning curves. Being able to think of the final destination of the journey and how each singular step adds to this will not only help to focus on the ultimate goal but also aid the journey itself. Think of each step as being a piece in a jig-saw and the completion of the jigsaw is the success that is sought.
3. Prioritisation and life-balance. Successful people are able to prioritise their steps to ensure that their journey to success is not impacted but they are still able to have time to recharge to maintain energy. Research conducted by Fatigue Science found that being fatigued can lead to a 23% reduction in concentration and an 18% reduction in memory function. Having energy and being rested is key!
4. Constantly looking to learn. Being able to continue to learn at all times enables the assimilation of new skills. These skills can be utilised to aid the journey to success. Whether that is learning from little failures along the way or learning about something completely new and unrelated. Every day is a school day as they say.
5. Belief. Successful people always believe in their situation or in themselves through their entire journey. Being able to continue believing in the journey through the hard times and the failures contributes to their focus on the ultimate end goal.
Being a success is achievable for anybody and whilst this list isn’t exhaustive, it will help those who are looking to start on their journey to success. Good luck on your journey!